Back in 2011 entrepreneurs Josh Bumb and Richard Veregge set out to convert a 1950’s ranch house in Way South Awesome into a “nice little neighborhood bar”.
The concept was simple, create the kind of bar everyone wants to go to – but which is hard to find. A nice laid back place to kick back, maybe bring your dog, hear some music, enjoy an adult beverage and hang out. Add in some big spreading oaks for shade, some decks for relaxing, some food trailers, maybe some games, and a nice lawn to spread out on.
In the early Winter of 2012 the Moontower finally opened its doors and was an immediate hit. Since then, the owners have continued to expand, adding parking, decks , patio bars, volleyball courts, improving existing facilities and expanding the property from the original 3 acres to over 11! The hard work has paid off with good times, happy patrons and a die-hard loyal following – there’s always something new on the horizon. So “party at the Moontower”, it’d be a whole lot cooler if you did!
MOONTOWER SALOON 101 – THE FACTS
- FULL BAR? You Bet, a full bar, draft and bottled beer, craft brews, wine, liqour, premiums, ultra-premiums, frozen drinks, etc…you name it we’ve got it.
- HOURS? 11am til 2am everyday.
- HAPPY HOUR? 11am-7pm Weekdays, 11a-5p Weekends
- DOGS? Yes! We love dogs. Dogs are awesome. Dogs must be on a leash and under the owners control at all times and should be socialized and well behaved in the company of other dogs and people. Fresh drinking water provided on site. Owners clean up “accidents”. Dog waste bag stations provided free for our patrons.
- KIDS? Yes! Children allowed on Sundays from 11am to 6pm
- BIKE RACKS? Lots of stuff to lock to.
- FOOD? 3 On premise establishments, Serving til way late, Please visit the FOOD page for all the details including menus, hours and other helpful info.
- LIVE MUSIC? Yes, four days a week, Thursday evenings through Sunday afternoon.
- JUKE BOX? Yes
- GAMES? Pool, Washer Pitch, Corn Hole and more.
- FREE WI-FI? Yes! Ask a member of staff for the current password
- LARGE GROUPS/RESERVING AN AREA? We have LOTS of space, multiple decks, bars and outdoor seating areas- so unless you’re talking about 75 or 100 people, we generally tell folks to just send a member of their group over early-before it gets busy – and stake out some turf for your party with decorations, balloons etc…so far we’ve never had any problems with patrons respecting each others space. If you have a larger group, need something extra special or would like to arrange for one of the trailers to cater your event just drop us a line through the contact form and we will work with you or your event coordinator to make that happen for you!
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR SEATING? Yes! Both, Cold A/C inside, state of the art fan driven misting system outside, fire pits and radiant heaters in the cool season.
- SMOKING? Ok in outdoor areas
- PARKING? Literally acres of always FREE parking.
- WHAT TO EXPECT? It’s basically like your “crashing” a really rad backyard/house party already in progress. Please bear in mind that a lot of the activity at the Moontower takes place outside, so dress appropriately for the weather, practical footwear advised. The vibe is chill. Relax. Kick it. Play well with others. And, always, observe the 11th Commandment (Thou Shalt Be Cool).
Please respect our neighbors and keep yourself safe – DO NOT EVER – (1.) park along the right of way on Manchaca Road or (2.) park anywhere within the Sweetwater Glen subdivision across the street, you can and will be towed!